Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Ciro Marchetti: A Favorite Tarot Creator

I'd be remiss if I didn't cover the works of Ciro Marchetti on the "opening night" of my tarot blog debut. He's truly one of the greats in the World of Tarot. He's got three decks out to date, and I've got all three of them. (Once I bought the first one--The Gilded Tarot--I was hooked.) His images come alive; there's so much depth to each card. It's no wonder Ciro's doing a rockin' business merchandising his individual cards as prints and on special wooden boxes. (I'm salivating over those too, but have yet to purchase one.)

If Ciro himself were a tarot card, I'd say he's the Emperor--everything he touches turns to gold. Or maybe he's the Magician. He sure knows how to "work his magic."

I'd be hard-pressed to pick a favorite deck among the three. All of them are amazing.

Here's an image of the Tarot of Dreams deck.


Legacy of the Divine Tarot

Ciro's presently at work on a 52-card oracle deck, aptly named "Oracle of Visions." Scope out the work in progress. 

Judging by the 30 images he's got up right now on his site, the new oracle deck promises to be stunning. I sure wish he'd include some meanings on his site for the finished cards. I'm dying of curiosity.

I don't typically purchase oracle decks. I much prefer traditional tarot decks to oracles, but I predict I'll be making an exception for Ciro's oracle. Those images are just too compelling to resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at will; you don't have to sign up for anything. Anything nasty will be deleted post-haste--and I won't be held responsible for the karmic payback that's headin' your way...